Mecca for furniture buyers!

Me and Tobi Fairley at the withit breakfast
Tobi and some adoring fans


Me and Annie Selke at the Vanguard showroom


Mary Knackstedt during her educational seminar fro designers


Karim Rashid. THE best product designer out there. He designs everything from cell phones, vacuums, trash cans and furniture. Most likely, you have used a product, or own a product designed by this man!


I have returned from the glorious and infamous HIGHPOINT furniture market. It was larger than life. I could not believe how amazing it was. But most importantly I couldn't believe how many people were at HIGHPOINT!

I wandered around aimlessly trying to find my way out of the airport in my rental car on the first day. After four failed attempts and a wasted hour, I began to get frustrated. Holy Mary and Joseph bring me closer to Jesus! Finally after an hour and a half I found the holy grail, CHIPOTLE. After I consumed my yummy and delicious burrito bowl I decided to head to HIGHPOINT. I got on my shuttle to head downtown. Unsure of what I was about to see I grabbed my seat in anticipation. The shuttle driver pulled out of the depot and headed down the road. He made a left and then a right. We started driving down a residential neighborhood. The beautiful old oak tree branches slapping the bus windows. All of a sudden we made another left and the furniture mecca opened up! I couldn't believe my eyes. Furniture showrooms everywhere! Sparkly, shiny, calling out to me.

I went to several seminars and so many incredible showroom's. with celebrity designers promoting their lines everywhere. Here are a few pics of the many great people I met!

No comments:

Post a Comment